1. The Presenter, the Telluride Rotary Foundation, a 501c(3) entity of the Rotary Club
of Telluride, shall race a maximum of 300 balls, representing a maximum of
44,850 2-ball number adoptions.
2. Organizations re-selling tickets: (a) Agree to sell a least 90% of the tickets purchased
for the full $5.00 face value. Any more than 10% of the number of tickets purchased,
but not sold at $5.00, will be ineligible for adoption. (b) Agree and promise to turn in
all ticket stubs in a timely manner - soon after the tickets are sold - but no later than
the day before the ball launch dated printed on the ticket front.
3. Balls will be launched at location and date printed on the ticket front the Presenter
reserves the right to change the location.
4. All balls entered will be provided by the Presenter, and shall remain the property
of the Presenter.
5. The racecourse may be fenced, and, once launched, the numbered balls are
at the mercy of gravity. The numbering on the balls will be permanent and covered
with tape so that no ball can be identified during the race. It takes two balls to constitute
a Winner. There will be a finish line trap constructed to ensure that three ball pairs
will be clear winners. Independent referees unaffiliated with the presenting organizations
will identify and announce the winning numbers.
6. Coded numbers shall be assigned to each Entry at the time such Entry is received
by the Presenter. A person’s name who appears on the Entry, and whose numbers
correspond to the winning balls, will be the winner of each Prize. Positive identification
will be required.
7. The Entry shall be completely filled out and delivered to Presenter at least one hour
prior to the race. Any ticket mailed to Telluride Rotary Foundation at PO Box 1265,
Telluride, CO 81435 must be received one day prior to the race. There is a remote
possibility of a sell-out; if entries are received after a sell-out, Presenter will return any
funds not eligible for prizes.
8. Each adoption for entry into the race requires a donation to benefit a Telluride area
organization and other entities selected by the Presenter, except as discussed in 2) above.
9. Winner will be announced approximately one hour following the race finish. Winners
need not be present.
10. Any and all taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner
consents to promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional
11. By entering, entrants release Presenter and all sponsors, their directors, officers,
members, staff and other related entities for any and all liability with respect to the
prize or the race.
12. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified adoptions. The winning
odds for 100 balls would be 3 in 4,950.
13. All decisions and interpretations of the Rules & Regulations will be made by Presenter,
and its judgment is final.
14. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Void where prohibited by law.
15. Neither Rotary Club members, nor management or employees of Alpine Bank
nor Race Referees will be eligible to win a Prize.
16. The cash prizes will be $5,000, $1,000 and $500, and awarded to the winners in
the form of a cashier’s check or a check from the Telluride Rotary Foundation.
A federal tax form 1099 will be sent to the IRS and the winners.
17. Adopters should retain their ticket(s) until the winners are known. The stub bar code
is computer scanned to enter your adoption(s). One tickets provides for the adoption
of two balls. There are additional, necessary manual steps, so please check your
adoption number(s) at the website indicated on the face of the adoption ticket to
receive the ball numbers assigned to your adoption. The numbers will be available
by March 15, 2015 or 1 day after the purchase of the ticket, whichever is later.
18. Grand Prize Promotions, Richardson, Texas provides the contract for the $100,000
Special Prize. The winner of the $100,000 agrees to indemnify the Telluride Rotary
Foundation and the Rotary Club of Telluride for any liability arising from the adoption
of ball(s) and agrees to look solely to Grand Prize Promotions for the full satisfaction
of the $100,000 prize.